what is the most stable platform to run openldap on?

Hi,

What is the most stable platform to run openldap on?  I am having a lot of stability issue with my openldap setup.  I thought I do a survey of what other people's do to get a rock solid openldap setup.  let me start off with what i have:

hardware:
brand: dell
cpu: dual processor xeon 2.4ghz
ram: 2 gig
hard disk: 70 gig raid1

software:
os: red hat 9 (linux 2.4.20-8)
file system: ext2 (tried ext3 before)
openldap: 2.1.22
berkeleydb: 4.1.25

DB_CONFIG:
set_cachesize    0 208435456 0
set_lg_max      209715200
set_lg_bsize    52428800
set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC

performance target:
entries - 2 million
each entry - 4K byte
queries per second - 30
updates per second - 2
unique entries queried in an hour - 60,000
total disk usage: 13 gig

I have not been able to get the system to run rock stable.  Every week or so the system would hang.  What combination of hardware and software that you guys have found to work well?  Please note that performance is not an issue.  In fact I would be happy to trade off some performance for more stability.

-thanks
James

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com