From: Howard Chu [mailto:hyc@symas.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 4:02 PM
To: 'Matthew Schumacher'; openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: RE: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.

Schumacher

> Looks like I'm not the only one with index corruption/slow
> down issues.
>   Which debugging level shows backend and index interactions?  1024?

Read the slapd(8) manpage.

> What can I do to track this down?

Read the Sleepycat documentation.

> Perhaps this is a bdb tuning issue, but I would think that the
> performance would be terrible all of the time, not just after we have
> been running for a week.

No. The BDB cache fills gradually as you process requests, it is not
preloaded all at once. Use "db_stat -m" and see what your cache is doing,
don't just sit there guessing in the dark.

  -- Howard Chu
This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.