Re: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.

--On Thursday, November 13, 2003 11:29 AM -0900 Matthew Schumacher <matt.s@aptalaska.net> wrote:

Looks like I'm not the only one with index corruption/slow down issues.
Which debugging level shows backend and index interactions?  1024? What
can I do to track this down?

Quanah, have you noticed any of these issues?  Perhaps you avoided them
altogether when you set up your db_config.

Perhaps this is a bdb tuning issue, but I would think that the
performance would be terrible all of the time, not just after we have
been running for a week.

Matthew,

I run under a solely Solaris environment. My attempts at running OpenLDAP under RedHat linux met with total disaster, and were quickly abandoned. Under Solaris, we have an extremely fast stable directory service with no problems (We did have problems until we got BDB configured correctly).

Here is my DB_CONFIG for examination purposes:

# $Id: DB_CONFIG,v 1.6 2003/04/17 22:10:29 quanah Exp $
set_cachesize 2 0 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lg_dir /var/log/bdb
# Just use this setting when doing slapadd...
#set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC

I do intend to investigate Linux again in the near future. Right now the 2GB upper limit on some distributions is hindering me.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer