Re: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.

Looks like I'm not the only one with index corruption/slow down issues. Which debugging level shows backend and index interactions? 1024? What can I do to track this down?

Quanah, have you noticed any of these issues? Perhaps you avoided them altogether when you set up your db_config.

Perhaps this is a bdb tuning issue, but I would think that the performance would be terrible all of the time, not just after we have been running for a week.

Thanks,

schu

Nathan Ehresman wrote:
Kirk,

Yeah, just Monday I had my indexes go corrupt again.  I had high hopes for
the new kernel, but alas..  I also tried rebuilding my own db4 and had
openldap link against it instead of the one shipped with RedHat 9.  No go.
I'm hoping for a miracle with db 4.2 coming out in the near (???) future.
Maybe it'll have fixed whatever is causing the problem.  Who knows.  :)
I've got a workaround for now -- just rebuild the database -- but I'd
obviously prefer to figure out what and why it is doing this to begin with.

Nathan