Re: SOLVED: Format of ACL (feature request)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> > The previous example should be read as:
> > access to *
> > # comment by *
> >
> > Since 'access to *' is not a complete statement, slapd gives an error.
>
> Someone once posted to the list (it was before the middle of My last,
> when I wiped my home/mail directory using the well-known nose trick)
> that he'd produced a patch to allow comments in the middle of ACLs and
> was anyone interested? No-one was, so he went away again.

The patch is simple: are comments stripped out before or after continuation
lines?  My background says the former, but I'd have to check my FORTRAN
books for early references.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia