Re: SOLVED: Format of ACL (feature request)

The whole idea of 'SOLVED' in the subject was to close the discussion ;-)

But, reacting:

> The patch is simple: are comments stripped out before or after continuation
> lines?  My background says the former, but I'd have to check my FORTRAN
> books for early references.

At the moment, comments are, contrary to my intuition, stripped AFTER
continuation lines have been joined. In bash, it's the same:

#!/bin/bash
echo \
"hello"

will work,

#!/bin/bash
echo \
# comment
"hello"

will not work.

In addition,

#!/bin/bash
echo \
# comment \
"hello"

will give an error since the \ in the comment wil NOT make "hello" part of the
comment, while in slapd.conf, according to Kurt (haven't tested it):

#comment
	more comment

will be joined to be:

#comment more comment

Anyway, this concludes this discussion.

Greetings
ace

- --
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda
telefoon: 06-244 33 608
fax en voicemail: 0848-707 705
website: http://www.suares.nl * http://www.qwikzite.nl