Re: slow adds of member attribute in large groups

--On Friday, October 03, 2003 1:47 PM -0700 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

I'm working on implementing groups in our directory server. We have a large number of groups, many with a large number of members. I've noticed that when populating a large group it starts taking longer and longer to add a member. For reference, I've included my current DB_CONFIG. At the bottom of this message is a table containing measurements from populating a group of almost 20,000 members. The first column is elapsed time, then total number of members, number of members added in the previous five minutes, rate per minute, and finally rate per minute averaged over the last hour.

Paul,

Just as an aside, I think the long term solution here for you is to use the dynamic group capability of OpenLDAP 2.2... ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer