Re: slow adds of member attribute in large groups

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Just as an aside, I think the long term solution here for you is to use
> the dynamic group capability of OpenLDAP 2.2... ;)

I'm not completely familiar with that, although I think you are talking
about defining groups via a search filter?

Most of our largest groups are defined by external criteria (for example,
students taking a particular class) and I don't know that a dynamic group
would work...

---
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768