RE: Question on Sleepycat docs re: pagesize cautions

The back-bdb code sets explicit page sizes, independent of the underlying
filesystem's page size. The default is 4K for most files, with 16K for the
id2entry database. You can override these values at compile time, see
back-bdb.h (look for PAGESIZE)...

It's probably easier to do a hot backup using slapcat. Maybe db_dump/db_load
is OK too, but I wouldn't use cp or dd since they'll miss data in the BDB
cache that hasn't been checkpointed.

  -- Howard Chu