Re: Building a private backend

Chris Brook writes:
> Is there any doc on how to go about building a private backend?

Not that I know of.  You can have a look at the patch which added the
null backend at <http://folk.uio.no/hbf/OpenLDAP/back-null.txt>.  I
don't know if anything about backends has changed since then, though.

> Using
> back-passwd as a template, the code part is pretty starightforward.

One detail which back-passwd won't tell you: If your backend has a bind
operation, bind should do send_ldap_result() only if the result code is
not LDAP_SUCCESS.

> It's the configure/build bit that is messy.  Should I hack configure
> to add my backend, following everything done for back-passwd, for
> example?

configure.in, not configure.  Then use the version of autoconf
in ftp://ftp.openldap.org/pub/tools/ to build configure.

Also update include/portable.h.in, include/portable.nt, and
servers/slapd/backend.c.

--
Hallvard