-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Chris van der

Merwe

Hello;

I've been using the HEAD  code from CVS so that I can try out the HDB
backend for OpenLDAP, but I have been having some problems
getting it to
work:

When I compiled OpenLDAP I enabled hdb via configure i.e.
./configure  --enable-hdb

However if I start the slapd daemon it automatically uses the old BDB
backend i.e.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

Probably nothing. The log messages can be deceptive because back-hdb is mostly identical to back-bdb, and only a small number of functions are changed. Few (if any) of the log messages are changed to reflect it.

 -- Howard Chu