Re: decoding non-ascii attribute values

i added the values into my ldap database using the "GQ" graphical user
interface program.

now i want to read them out. i forgot to say that i am coding in C,
using the standard ldap libraries.

can i - as a quick fix - just take the 2 byte values of the characters
in question an recode them by hand, or do they have different encodings
dependent on something, and i should use a conversion library?

erik

--
Erik Thiele