Re: Deployment testimonials?

--On Friday, June 06, 2003 2:15 PM -0300 Brandon Hume - OpenLDAP list <hume-ol@Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca> wrote:

I'm constantly amazed by the number of people posting to the list who
are  doing fresh 2.0.x installs.  Given that it is now essentially a
deprecated

It actually isn't a fresh 2.0.x install, it's an existing 2.0.x install with a vastly increased data population. There will be very little the users can edit (userPassword only, really), since this is really just a front-end on a much much larger user database (Banner).

I actually did try to upgrade to 2.1.x about eight months ago (before this
project came along), and found it very buggy.  I'm assuming those problems
have been ironed out, though.

Yes, the current version of 2.1 is very stable. We've been running 2.1.x in production since the end of March. We started working with 2.1 in earnest early last Fall. The few issues we did have (which related to indexing) were all fixed by 2.1.20, and the servers themselves have been stable since 2.1.17 or so.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator