Password Policy

I was doing some research on RFCs for Password Policy (things like
password expiration, grace binding, warnings, etc.). I noticed that there
was some work going on in July 2001:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapext/200107/msg00132.html

Anyone know what happened to this? I couldn't seem to find any RFC that
embodies this stuff, and I am wondering if the Active Directory methods of
password expiration are following some reccomendation or just a MS format.

I do see that Netscape has a LDAPv3 password expiration warning control,
so maybe there is something there? Anything implemented in OpenLDAP?

Thanks!
-lon