Re: ACL domain= question

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Peter Furmonavicius wrote:

> Hello.  I am running OpenLDAP on MacOS X (10.2.5).  I am frustrated
> in trying to get something to "work" that should be fairly simple.  I
> have not been able to see anything in previous discussions that helps
> me, so I have decided to write to you all.  Simply put, suppose I
> have a given attribute, called "telephoneNumber" for example.  What
> ACL should I use that allows everyone from my local domain to view
> the telephoneNumber attribute, but no one else to?  I have tried just
> about everything that I can think of,  but can't seem to get it
> right.  Can someone shed some light on this?  I appreciate it.

Are you running the bundled OpenLDAP?

Luke may be able to answer more completely- but I believe back-netinfo
adhere's to netinfo authorizathion scemantics by default, and in order to
apply acl's you need to remove flags
DSENGINE_FLAGS_NATIVE_AUTHORIZATION

from slapd.conf.

Keep in mind that unless you've denied access to netinfo, remote parties
can still:

nireport -t server/network /users name phonenumber

-mab