ACL domain= question

Hello. I am running OpenLDAP on MacOS X (10.2.5). I am frustrated in trying to get something to "work" that should be fairly simple. I have not been able to see anything in previous discussions that helps me, so I have decided to write to you all. Simply put, suppose I have a given attribute, called "telephoneNumber" for example. What ACL should I use that allows everyone from my local domain to view the telephoneNumber attribute, but no one else to? I have tried just about everything that I can think of, but can't seem to get it right. Can someone shed some light on this? I appreciate it.

access to attr=telephoneNumber
     by domain=/\.yale\.edu$/ read
     by * none

Thanks,