[ Antoine Maartens ]

> LS,
>
> I have:
> Redhat 8
> Openldap 2.1.16
> Cyrus-Sasl 2.1.12
> BerkeleyDB.4.1.25
>
> I compile with:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> cd /opt
> cd openl*
> make clean
> env     CPPFLAGS=       "-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include \
>                          -I/usr/include/openssl \
>                          -I/usr/include/sasl"
>         LDFLAGS=        "-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib  \
>                          -L/usr/lib/sasl"

You probably have other versions of SASL laying around, and '-L<path>'
flags are not very useable without '-Wl,-rpath,<path>' in LDFLAGS as
well.

If I remember correctly /usr/lib/sasl is the standard path of SASL
1.X.XX, not 2.Y.YY. You should have a /usr/lib/sasl2 (if you followed
the guidelines to SASL) as well.

All thou /usr/lib/sasl2 containes SASL-libraries, the one you need to
link against is "libsasl2.so" which should be located elsewhere.

If you do a 'ldd slapd' you should get the libsasl2.so OpenLDAP is
linked against. If this is the wrong one, try compiling OpenLDAP once
more with the correct flags set. Also remember to link /usr/lib/sasl2
to the directory the plugins for your version of SASL(2) are
installed.

--
Mathias Meisfjordskar
GNU/Linux addict.