Re: DefaultSearchBase / ForceSearchBase

[ Jon Mitchiner ]

> Unfortunately, there are broken clients out there (specifically,
> Microsoft) that send a default search base, such as "c=US", "c=UK",
> among other things. To make matters complicated, some of our users
> have a search base that is set up incorrectly.
>
> Instead of attempting to fix the users, I am wondering if it would
> be a good idea to add in a 'feature' to OpenLDAP, especially if the
> directory structure is simple. The new feature I'd like to see would
> be called "ForceSearchBase".

ForceSearchBase whould break referals. Not good.

If you have problems with wrong search bases, try "suffixalias". man
slapd.conf should give you the details. It's a hack, but having all
your Outlook-users banging on your door is worse. :)

--
Mathias Meisfjordskar
GNU/Linux addict.

"If it works; HIT IT AGAIN!"