Correction Re: LDAP Accounts losing passwords

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:22:14AM +0100, Andrew Findlay wrote:

> You don't need to crypt the passwords if you have them in plaintext.
> Just make sure that slapd.conf contains a line like:
>
> 	password-hash {CRYPT}
>
> and do an LDAP modify on each entry using the plaintext password.

You would actually need to do a Password Modify extended operation for
this to work. The 'ldappasswd' command does this for you, but I am not
sure whether Net::LDAP supports it.

If you make the changes using ordinary LDAP modify operations then you
will need to supply pre-crypted passwords, complete with the {CRYPT}
prefix.

Andrew