Re: slapd loses data if not shut down properly with BDB backend

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 05:01:49PM +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> Is this the expected behavior: After adding a few entries, waiting about
> half a minute, and then hard-resetting the machine slapd doesn't find
> any of the just added entries anymore (it did before rebooting). This
> occurs with the BDB backend, but not with the LDBM backend. We are using
> OpenLDAP 2.1.12.

Check up on how often your data is set to sync to disk. The slapd-bdb
man page is useful: look particularly at 'checkpoint' and 'dbnosync'.
You may also need to read the Berkeley DB reference guide.

There is a trade-off between data security and performance, so you
have some chioces to make.

This may also help Eli Elhadad with the win32 crash problem.

Andrew