RE: slapd memory and performance problems

Quanah,

Thanks for the information.  I'm not familiar with GSSAPI accept to
understand that it's a generic security services API.  I'm not inclined
to hack the Exim code to incorporate another API.  I have heard that
performance improvements can be gained by using unix sockets, but I'm
not familiar with the use of those either and am looking for more info
on that topic.  But your performance seems enviable to me.  I've not
heard any complaints about the thread implementation in this version of
RedHat, but I'll check into that.

You say you created an eq index for the maildrop attribute that I assume
belongs to your main entry which is accessed by the uid filter.  I was
wondering about creating an eq index on my mailquota attribute, but it
seemed unnecessary since the attribute is part of an entry already
accessed by uid.  Can you comment on your reasoning for adding an index
for that attribute if you don't explicitly search for an entry by
filtering on that attribute?  I may be incorrect in my thinking here as
I am not really a db person by vocation or by nature.

Thanks,

Mike