Re: Different CN's for DN and CN.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Andrew Findlay wrote:

> It has already been pointed out that you need an attribute 'cn' that
> has the same value as the 'cn' in the DN. It is worth noting that 'cn'
> is a multi-valued attribute, so it would be quite OK to do this:
>
> dn: cn=myname, ou=people, dc=sws, dc=oldham, dc=uk, dc=net
> cn: My Name
> cn: myname

Is it permissible to have multiple RDNs?  All the instances I've
seen locally were the result of user error.

> # This example is a simple attribute that records what sort of
> # spam checking is required in the mail system.

Please tell me more...  I've been looking for something like this
(I'm less tolerant of spam than my colleagues, for example, and I'm
happy to take a harder line).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia