online openldap example

LDAP has traditionally been used as a database for user accounts, and a standard for central identity management is certainly welcome in an age of (vendor) stovepipe architectures. However, I find LDAP a useful alternative backend to standard RDBMS driven web applications. If you'd like to see an example using LDAP for something more unconventional, check out:

http://www.mentata.com/ldaphttp/examples/gospel/

The data is currently hosted with an OpenLDAP server (alas, currently only v2.0.23). I am currently rebuilding my development machine so it will be a few weeks before I can incorporate changes, but I welcome any suggestions. I'll also take pointers to text versions of non-English bibles (I already have a good Swedish one). I plan to use this example to demonstrate LDAP's support for internationalization, among other things.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com