RE: Problems upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.1.x

On 22 Jan 2003 at 9:19, Darren Gamble wrote:

> If your question is "can I make use of the same database files", the answer
> is no.
>
> You will need to shutdown your 2.0.X directory server, use the 2.0.X slapcat
> to dump your database to a file, clear out your database, use the 2.1.X
> slapadd to recreate the database from that file, and then start your 2.1.X
> directory server.
>
> It's not difficult, but possibly very time consuming if your directory is
> extremely large.

Thanks to all who replied!

This procedure worked perfectly well.  I had to rearrange some of the
entries in the LDIF file before slapadd would work as per the
manpage, but that wasn't too difficult.

It's now working with either of the ldbm or the new bdb backends.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.