RE: Problems upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.1.x

Good day,

> Having received no replies whatsoever, let me rephrase the question:
>
> Is it possible to upgrade from a v2.0.x to v2.1.x and make use of
> one's existing backend?  Is there an appropriate upgrade procedure
> documented somewhere (I have looked, but may have overlooked).

If your question is "can I make use of the same database files", the answer
is no.

You will need to shutdown your 2.0.X directory server, use the 2.0.X slapcat
to dump your database to a file, clear out your database, use the 2.1.X
slapadd to recreate the database from that file, and then start your 2.1.X
directory server.

It's not difficult, but possibly very time consuming if your directory is
extremely large.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP