RE : RE : Certificate in openldap

> I think I understand what you're asking.  Simply put, the

Yes, sorry but my english is poor

> representation in the LDAP database is (as far as I
> understand) raw binary.  The representation of binary stuff
> in an LDIF file is in base64.
>
>> Because I try to search a certificate on a ldap
>> database,  but I don't know the format used and
>> the correct method to search this entry.
>> 1) I put my certificate with ldapmodify -f file.ldif :
>>  when file.ldif equal :G.De_Leeuw>
>> dn: <mydn>
>> changetype: modify
>> replace: userCertificate;binary
>> userCertificate;binary:< file://path/mycert.der

 ldapmodify accept this syntax and the certificate is added to the database
 but at this moment I cannot test if this entry are usuable.
 For this reason I try to search this certificate.

> If mycert.der is a raw binary DER thingy, you need to do the
> following:
>
>   openssl base64 -A < /path/mycert.der > /path/mycert.b64
>
> and then use a file.ldif that looks like this:
>
>   dn: <mydn>
>   changetype: modify
>   replace: userCertificate;binary
>   userCertificate;binary::< file://path/mycert.b64
>
> (note the double :, it's important)
>
> G.De_Leeuw> 2) I try to search the certificate on the ldap
> database : G.De_Leeuw>  ldapsearch -s sub -f search.ldif "%s"
> G.De_Leeuw>  when search.ldif equal :
> G.De_Leeuw>  userCertificate;binary:< file://path/mycert.der
>
> I haven't used ldapsearch in that way.  What exactly are you
> trying to search for?

I try to search the dn of the user with the value of the attribute
userCertificate;binary are matched by an ldapsearch
It's not possible ?
In the futur I use the certificate given by apache to authenticate the
client of our extranet.
(see http://authzldap.othello.ch and the AuthzLDAPDirect option) but
apparently this tool does not work with openldap 2.1.4.

Guy