Re: host attribute can't be added in OpenLDAP 2.1.x

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:16:43 -0700
Simon Gao <sgao@sci.utah.edu> wrote:

> I have OpenLDAP 2.1.9 runing on Redhat 8.0 and would like to set up
> using host based access control for login on some hosts.

> I read your posting and reponse
> (http://www.netsys.com/openldap-software/2002/07/msg00688.html) from
> Kurt, but have no clue on how to create an inetOrgPersonAccount
> STRUCTURAL class. Can you give me some help?

Well, assuming you want to use the host attr from the cosine schema, a
reasonable attempt might be:

objectclass ( my.unique.and.legally.obtained.oid.space.1.2.1.3.1
        NAME 'personOfAccount'
        DESC 'inetOrgPerson with accounts on systems'
        SUP inetOrgperson
        STRUCTURAL
        MAY ( host ) )

As you can see, the syntax is rather straightforward.  The admin guide
covers this in far greater detail.

Matthew Backes
lucca@csun.edu