SASL/OTP - successful auth causes SEGV

Hello,

I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.9 (had the same prob with 2.1.8), Cyrus SASL 2.1.7,
on RedHat Linux 8.0.

I am attempting to try the OTP SASL mechanism (with Opie 2.4) to bind to
OpenLDAP.  Entering the correct response to the OTP challenge will cause
slapd to SEGV suddenly.  There is nothing interesting in the logs, nor does
running single-process with debugging yield any interesting trace
information -- the SEGV apparently comes on too suddenly.

Note that entering the incorrect challenge-response will not kill the
server.  Note also that the authentication does complete on the OTP side --
the counter in the next challenge is decremented by one.

Has anyone successfully implemented OTP?  Has anyone else experienced this
with another SASL plugin?

Thanks,
David Pisoni