RE: Local root user changing passwords...

Sorry, should have been more specific.

This is a LDAP client I am trying to prevent the local root account from having the ability to change any users password in the LDAP database.

As it stands now, the current password for the user is required to change it, so I believe my issue has gone away in a sense. the rootdn can reset the password in the directory, which should be the case anyway if a password is lost.

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the confusion

Wade