Re: homePostalAddress attribute

>> there's no EQUALITY and no MATCH.
>
>> > You don't need matching rules to store multiple values. You just
>> need the *absence* of the SINGLE-VALUE tag. jpegPhoto is not marked
>> SINGLE-VALUE so I see no problem with storing several photos in one
>> entry.
>
>> AFAIK the absence of EQUALITY des not allow to delete a specific
>> value, since no matching applies, that is to delete a value you need
>> to delete all and re-add the ones you wanted to preserve.
>
> Pierangelo, I want to add, not delete (I can in fact delete). For that
> matter, there is no MULTI rule with jpegPhoto, either. So, though from
> the description I should be able to have several jpegPhotos, it just is
> not possible. But since it is said in the description that this
> attribute is just an afterthought, I guess that nothing will ever be
> done about it.

The same criterion apply to Attribute add: you cannot add a value
if values already exist and there is no equality rule.  The only
thing you can do is delete all the existing values and re-add them
together with the new one(s).

I don't remember where it is specified (you may want to browse thru
some rfc 225* for that) but that's what slapd code actually does.

Pierangelo.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it