Re: BerkeleyDB help

Configure doesn't locate your BerkeleyDB headers and libs. Try specifying
the path where you installed them using CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS using
something like:

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.0/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.0/lib" ./configure ....

MLAH disse:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Berkeley 4.1.17  and I  have also tried version
> 4.0.14.... But the openldap-configure always says...

> checking for Berkeley DB Link (default).. no
> checking for Berkeley DB Link (-ldb4).. no
> checking for Berkeley DB Link (-ldb-4).. no
> checking for Berkeley DB Link (-ldb).. yes
> checking for Berkeley DB thread support.. yes
> checking for Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
> configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
>

> The openldap-FAQ says....
> -----------------
> You can force configure to use a specific database manager using the
> --with-ldbm-api option.
> To specify use of Sleepycat BerkeleyDB (release 2.x or greater), use:
> ./configure --with-ldbm-api=berkeley
>

> What I´m a doing wrong ?
>

> Regards,
> Mikael Larsson

Luca Scamoni - e-mail: luca.scamoni@sys-net.it
SysNet snc - Via Digione, 8 - 27100 Pavia Italy