Re: LDAP Search problem

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 11:17:02AM +0200, Joerg Sippel wrote:

> ldapsearch -x -b "dc=test,dc=de" mail=*si*
>
> I get the correct entry from the directory. But when I search for the mailAlternateAddress like this:
>
> ldapsearch -x -b "dc=test,dc=de" mailAlternateAddress=*si*
>
> I get nothing.
>
> when searching with the complete email address instead of * I get also the right entry from the directory. Can anybody help?

Which version of OpenLDAP are you using? Can you supply a copy of your
slapd.conf showing at least the ACLs and database setup?

There are known problems with searches in some database types that
depend on the version in use and the indexing config. If you send
slapd.conf then someone might be able to recognise such a case.

Andrew