RE: Corrupt index files

OpenLDAP 2.1 is faster than 2.0 in several areas. 2.1.3 with back-ldbm is
much faster than 2.0.25 with back-ldbm, even with identical BDB 4 behind
them. My profiles of 2.0.25 vs 2.1.3 (identically configured) with the same
mix of read/search/add/delete operations shows 2.1 to be about 21% faster
overall, with searches 30% faster, adds 25% faster, and deletes 23% faster.
Most of the speedup is due to optimizations in the 2.1 front end, but even in
the ldbm-specific code there is a speed difference: search 36%, add 7%,
delete 14%.

  -- Howard Chu