Re: getting past anonymous bind

Ifcon,

Here is my configure for openldap on RH7.3.

 ./configure  --prefix=/var/ldap --mandir=/usr/share/man

Very simple build.  The SASL and SSL inclusions are defaults in the
config as I remember.

I don't think your problem is really in the config
of the server.  Try doing an ldapsearch, the syntax is in the openldap
documentation found here: http://www.openldap.org/doc/
Look at the quick start section for ldapsearch.

Have you edited slapd.conf?  What access controls do you have?  You may
not be allowing users to connect for read.  I am still working out my
access controls also, but I can read as a user.  Start with "access to *
by *" then tighten from there.