getting past anonymous bind

hi there,

I'm still trying to solve the issue of connecting as a user instead of anonymously form ldap browser, but still cannot error. I have tried to compile sasl and openssl with the following configure command

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/sasl" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/sasl" ./configure --enable-login --disable-krb4 --disable-gssapi --with-des=/usr/include/openssl --without-kerberos --disable-kpasswd --with-cyrus-sasl-includes=/usr/include/sasl --with-cyrus-sasl-libraries=/usr/lib/sasl/ --enable-spasswd

Does look right to anyone.

I start ldap after install, but still no luck. Are there any steps i am missing. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.