status of multi-master replication?

I've searched the list archives, documentation, etc., but I haven't yet
found a solid answer: what is the status of multi-master replication?
I've seen it mentioned in the archives as far back as 2000, so one would
assume that it's no longer "experimental."

The problem: we need a good way of clustering LDAP to provide HA using
LVS.  Referrals are not an option, since no node in the cluster is to be
directly connected to.  Multi-master replication, I'm assuming, would
allow a write that went to any one node within the cluster to be
replicated amongst the nodes.  Of course, if anyone's got any better
suggestions...

Thanks,
  John

--