Re: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Fuller" <fullerms@hotmail.com>
To: "Jan-Piet Mens" <jpm@Retail-SC.com>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

> Hi all,
>
> > Why ? Why don't you just use the Domino LDAP task for authentication, i.e.
> point
> > your freeradius and Squid to the hostname of the Domino server ? It'll
> save you
> > headaches...
>
> True, but my Domino server will be hit with radius and squid authentication
> requests also. I would like to move that part to a different server.
> Moreover, my domino server will become a single point of failure for all
> network services. AND, budgets dictate that I cannot install another domino
> server with LDAP services.

I'll run 4 samba-domain-controllers with LDAP-authentification, also web-, ftp-
and ssh-authentification on different servers, and smtp/pop/imap
authentification on the mailserver. I think it would be best, to use Domino only
as source for LDAP-replication, and local LDAP-Servers each domain-controller.

Markus