Re: Something about Lotus Domino and (Open)LDAP

Hi all,

> I'll run 4 samba-domain-controllers with LDAP-authentification, also web-,
ftp-
> and ssh-authentification on different servers, and smtp/pop/imap
> authentification on the mailserver. I think it would be best, to use
Domino only
> as source for LDAP-replication, and local LDAP-Servers each
domain-controller.

True. I considered integrating Domino Authentication with Windows and using
a setup as mentioned above. But, that will get me into Windows licensing
issues. Now, I am using the Domino address book to authenticate users, so i
dont have to buy a Windows server CAL for every mail user. But If I
integrate Domino authentication with Window accounts, each mail user in
effect becomes a Windows user, involving CAL costs which my budget will not
permit.

Is it possible to integrate Domino on Linux platform with Linux
authentication ? That way all my mail users will be Linux users, and there
will be no CALs involved.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Fuller