-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Kervin L.
Pierre

Try the PERL backend.

There was talk about implementing netscape's SLAPI, but so far I haven't seen anything. http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200111/msg00124.html

I haven't seen anything new on this, I believe this effort has gone idle.
The OpenLDAP slapd API has changed pretty extensively from 2.0 to 2.1 and
it would be (believe it or not) a step backward in functionality to fit
Netscape SLAPI into the new framework. It is essentially impossible to
provide compatibility with the original Netscape definition, so there's
no plugin portability to be gained here.

-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc