RE: Trigger registration with backend database!!!

I haven't seen anything new on this, I believe this effort has gone idle.
The OpenLDAP slapd API has changed pretty extensively from 2.0 to 2.1 and
it would be (believe it or not) a step backward in functionality to fit
Netscape SLAPI into the new framework. It is essentially impossible to
provide compatibility with the original Netscape definition, so there's
no plugin portability to be gained here.

  -- Howard Chu