Re: Next Step - LDAP quering AD

Hi!

I have also been trying some searches through ldap clients, such as the Address book and Eudora, in a referral environment formed by an Active Directory and an Openldap server, and all the time I make a search the AD only returns back the referral. Is this got something to do with what happened to Nils? The problem is that from this clients it's not possible to add the -M option. What could be a solution?

Thanxs,
Alejandra

At 22:34 10.04.2002 +0200, you wrote:
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 20:12, Andre Correa wrote:

> Hi, I posted a message some day ago about quering AD using LDAP and I
> could, with some help from the members of the list, walk one step
> foward...
>
> Now I use the following command to query my Windows 2000 Active
> Directory server with no Authenticatin erros, but with no results too...
>
> ldapsearch -x -D "admin@domain.br" -h 10.96.0.3 -p 389 -W -b
> "cn=username,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=br"
>
> it asks for the admin@domain.br password and gives me this:
>
> version: 2
>
> #
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 10 Referral
> text: 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-031005EE, data 0, 1 access points
>         ref 1: 'domain.
>  br'
>
> ref: ldap://domain.br/cn=username,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=br
>
> # numResponses: 1
>
> I really tried to understand this and if/why my LDAP query is wrong...
> but I couldn't find a way out... For example, what the "10 referral"
> mean!? and this RefErr takes me nowhere on documentation or mailling
> list search...
>
> Is there somebody who can help me with this please!?
Seems like its returning a referal, try the -M switch:
ldapsearch -M -x -D "admin@domain.br" -h 10.96.0.3 -p 389 -W -b
 "cn=username,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=br"

--
Nils Olav Selåsdal <NOS@Utel.no>
System Developer, UtelSystems a/s

Alejandra Moreno Espinar
at rete ag

mailto:alejandra.moreno@atrete.ch, http://www.atrete.ch
snail mail: Oberdorfstrasse 2, P.O. Box 674, 8024 Zurich, Switzerland
voice: +41-1-266 55 55, direct: +41-1-266 55 91, fax: +41-1-266 55 88