Re: Connecting from Netscape

Your answer was a real let-down when i read it. But stimulating. I'm
still a very newbye.
And until i can hardly make work the beginning of all that stuff, it's
difficult to explore and progress.
The lesson i can learn of all that, is that cut/paste is never a good
way of learning.

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> 1. The schema file (netscape.schema) is broken.  IIRC, somebody
> contributed a schema that supports roaming and I think it was reported to
> work (check the list's archives).

cut/paste
could i ask what's the meaning of "IIRC"?

> 2.  slapd.conf has one error reported regarding usage of lastmod which
> should appear within a database definition.  Check slapd.conf(5).

careless mistake

> 3.  Why do you specify -b ''?  You should say -b 'o=mda,c=fr'.

cut/paste from one howto or one other + lack of time (for examining
precisely the "man ldapsearch") + lack of knowledge and understanding of
the concepts of ldap.

> 4.  The bind succeeds and there was a search performed.  You should just
> try specifying a base (see above).
>
> hth.

Thanks a lot for the hints and patience.
Rosaire