slurpd.replog truncation?

Hello,

I've set up replication, and it works fine.

However I have some questions about the slurpd.replog file.

Is it correct to assume that this file is only written to
by slapd, and then slurpd keeps a timestamp for each replica,
and replicates entries with a later timestamp?

In this case, the slurpd.replog will keep growing, IIUC.
Is there any recommended way to truncate it, should it grow
too big?

i.e. I guess slapd would have to be stopped, all replica timestamps
checked, and then all entries up to the latest timestamp may be
removed. But it is not always desireable to stop the master slapd
server...

Regards,
 Stefan