Fwd: Re: current state of PGP w/ openLDAP backend? / PGP schema

Hi,

> At 07:31 AM 2001-12-14, JR Mayberry wrote:
> >I'm curious as to the current state of PGP w/ openLDAP as a backend.. to
> > use NAI's PGP clients..
> >
> >Most of the links I've found from google are a few years old and I
> > haven't been able to find any working projects..
>
> I suspect nothing much has changed.  PGP clients are not designed
> to interact with general purpose LDAP directory systems, but with
> special PGP key servers.  While LDAP folks have made suggestions
> to PGP folks on how to interact with general purpose LDAP
> directories, the PGP folks seem content with their specialized
> PGP key servers.  Oh well.  See the archives of this list and the
> developer's list for details.

With PGP in general Kurt is right. NAI PGP is a special case.
They say they can store their PGP public keys in a directory.
(the client offers such an option)

In our company we were interested in testing this half a year ago.
So we asked NAI's german branch for any information about
the schema needed in the directory server, ...

The answer we got was:
"You have to find out the informations for yourself !
But if you find out we are very interested."

At this point we stopped the project and continued to live
with our PGP key server.

Yours
Peter

--