Re: Replacement for ldap_build_filter()?

At 02:46 PM 2001-12-21, John Morrissey wrote:
>I see that ldap_build_filter() is marked as deprecated in ldap.h; I STFW'd
>and had a look through the source, but I couldn't find any more info. Was
>this deprecated by RFC or by convention?

This routine is not detailed in the (old) LDAP C API specification,
RFC 1823, nor any of the LDAPext I-Ds.  It and a number of other
routines are marked as deprecated to note that they are likely
to be removed from the distribution in a later release.

> Is there a replacement for it?

Not within the provided LDAP C API.