Re: pam_ldap for authorization

I use my own utilities for password changes, so I can't promise this
works, but I believe all you need to do is:

cp /etc/pam.d/passwd /etc/pam.d/passwd_BACKUP
cp /usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-149/pam.d/passwd /etc/pam.d

This will backup your current pam config file for the passwd command line
utility and replace it with the one that the pam_ldap folks suggest.

No promises as to security or function -- I've never used it.

--
Leo Edmiston-Cyr
Network Administrator, PennsWoods.net