OpenLdap 1.2.10 -> 2.0.11 Replication

Hi,

I've got problems to replicate an openldap 1.2 server to a openldap 2.0
server.
After I turned off last mod on openldap v1.2 replication works fine most
of the,
time but sometimes it fails.
I found out that it fails because the openldap v1.2 slurpd tries to
update the v2 slapd with empty attributes, which fails.

Can openldap 2 be configured to accept empty attributes?
Or is there a fix or a workaround to the replication issue?

If this has already been answered, sorry, but I couldn't find anything
on it in the
manuals or the mailing list archives.
--
Thanks a lot.