Re: maintaining uniqueness of uid across subtree's

Sovan_Shatpathy@satyam-infoway.com wrote:

> Hi,
>      Thanks for your suggestions ... with the command mentioned by you in the
> mail we have managed to install cvs successfully and also done the configure
> with enable meta and rewrite. I am pasting below the portion of the slapd.conf
> which we have included over and above the regular definations.
>
> database            meta
> suffix              "o=meta,o=xyz"
> uri                 "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage       "ou=chennai,o=meta,o=xyz" "ou=chennai,o=xyz"
> uri                  "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage        "ou=bombay,o=meta,o=xyz" "ou=bombay,o=xyz"
> uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=meta,o=xyz";
> suffixmassage         "o=meta,o=xyz" "o=xyz"

You're right. To put the meta on the same server
you need to change the naming context of the meta:

database            meta
suffix              "o=meta"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=meta";
suffixmassage       "ou=chennai,o=meta" "ou=chennai,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=meta";
suffixmassage        "ou=bombay,o=meta" "ou=bombay,o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=meta";
suffixmassage         "o=meta" "o=xyz"

Otherwise, you can put the meta on another host (or
in another server listening to another port): in this
case you can even use the same naming context of your
original server:

database            meta
suffix              "o=xyz"
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=chennai,o=xyz";
uri                   "ldap://localhost/ou=bombay,o=xyz";
uri                   "ldap://localhost/o=xyz";

Cheers, Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it