Re: general question : why keeping it so hard ?

Devdas Bhagat writes:
> Ummm, the schema is not tough to understand. Its the documentation that
> sucks, but I still haven't been able to figure out better

> > Moreover, Schema are not compatible between different ldap servers
> > (netscape, openldap,...?).
> I guess we need a naming standard for attributes. Any takers?

This is not an openldap  problem but an X.500  or LDAP as a whole
problem.  One thing that might help is a name space concept
for the classes & attributes -- the OID's work to keep things
distinct but it's not developer-friendly (let alone user friendly).

Perhaps in the medium to long term we should let LDAP be &
concentrate on XML , DSML.