Cleaning .dbb's? Re: More on: partial replication errors

> are you sure your db files weren't corrupted in any way when
you copied
> them..? (i had this problem once myself..) shut down master
slapd befor
> copying, use binary mode transfer when using ftp..

I was wondering if they got corrupted (because on the master
sometimes I got flaky results (search return nothing, add says
it is already there), though I could clean them up with
add/delete combinations- I only copied the "cleaned" dbb's to
the slave).
Is there a good way to get clean .dbb's (some command that
cleans out the db)?
I was using binary on the ftp transfer, and I only copied the
dbb's when slapd was off.  So I didn't see how I could have
corrupted the .dbb's (though the flaky results I saw off and on
seemed to indicate a bad db).